August 2022 - Present
Netflix, Synopsis Writer
- Responsible for copy production for hundreds of TV and movie titles under Netflix's purview, including branded exclusive content.
- Researches, fact-checks and performs sensitivity reads for all synopsis.
May 2022- Present
WBUR, Freelance Producer and Journalist
- Produced daily segments for "Radio Boston," WBUR's live mid-day daily local news show.
- Responsible for research, pitching, fact-checking, script writing, cutting and editing relevant sound for live segments and promotion on social media.
- Booked major guests like US Attorney Rachel Rollins, Interim Suffolk DA Kevin Hayden, Boston City Councilor Ricardo Arroyo.
January 2021 -March 2022
New England Public Media / WGBY 88.5, On-Air Host & Producer
- Hosted daily, 30-minute local news-driven radio show reaching listeners across Western New England for this GBH, NPR, and PBS affiliate, focusing the goings-on in the communities and what matters most to them.
- Executed on leading a team through the process of putting on a completely unique, timely, newsworthy show with every single day with relevant guests who can add new angles and properly advance the story.
- Coordinated and performs booking, research and interviewing guests, story pitching, recording, audio editing, scripting, fact checking, and ramping up heavy video and interactive social media elements.
- Major guests included AG Maura Healey, AG William Tong, Rep. Carolyn Maloney, CT Treasurer Shawn Wooden, Secretary of State Denise Merrill, Sen. Sonia Chang Diaz, Dr. Danielle Allen, Ben Downing, and state senators and representatives.
- Shows included the Purdue Pharma deal and its effects in MA and CT, food insecurity in VT, ranked choice voting in Amherst, and the St. Vincent nurses' strike.
January 2020 - January 2021
WCRB, On-Air Host
- Hosting daily radio shows for Boston's premier classic music station, 99.5 FM, which operates under the WGBH umbrella.
Digital Trends, Tech & Privacy Reporter
Coverage includes the impending threat of deepfake videos on social media, Clearview AI, Amazon worker strikes, Ring and Wyze home security hacks and data leaks, Iranian cyberattacks, and the government's battle over “encryption backdoors.”
Spearheaded the "School's Out" series on how education and educational technology was affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, especially as pertains to underprivileged and under-served populations in the U.S.
November 2019 - October 2020
Deutsche Welle/DW News, On-Air Anchor and Correspondent
In Berlin: Coverage of world political news, incl. the failure and resuscitation of the German gov’t coalition talks, Robert Mugabe’s fall from power in Zimbabwe, US gov’t shutdown, and the Mueller investigation.
In DC: On-air and online reporting on the Trump administration, incl. coverage of the violence around Trump’s inauguration, Charlottesville, the Comey hearing, the heroin epidemic, the “Muslim ban,” the 2018 midterm elections, and more.
In Jerusalem: Dispatched on assignment to cover the aftermath of Trump’s declaration that Jerusalem was the capital of Israel, as well as the opening of the embassy.
November 2016 - October 2020
May 2015 - September 2016
Bonn and Berlin, Germany
Deutsche Welle, Volontärin (Apprentice)
Bilingual (German-English) international program for journalists with training modules in anchoring and TV reporting, script writing for TV and radio, multimedia and mobile reporting, photography, investigative techniques, and hands-on experience.
Facebook, Trending News Curator
Utilized editorial judgment to curate content of the “Trending Stories” box on the home pages of millions of Facebook users.
February 2015 - May 2015
New York, NY
August 2013 - May 2015
New York, NY
The Jerusalem Post, United Nations and New York Correspondent
Coverage at UN included breaking news of Israel, Palestinian territories, Syria and Iran at the UN, Israeli Mission activities.
Coverage of New York included Jewish world events, breaking news, and features on Jewish life in America.
November 2013 - May 2015
New York, NY
Variety, New York Correspondent
Event coverage of major movie premieres and other entertainment industry-related functions.
Conducted interviews with major actors, Hollywood producers, and studio executives about their latest projects.
National Winner in Editorial Writing: Harvard Crimson, “Just Ignore Them,”
Released Dec. 2019
“A Place They Called Home”: A book of essays recounting the experiences of Holocaust survivors and their descendants who have all reclaimed German citizenship, and what living in Germany as a Jew means today.
Four week placement in Bosnia and Herzegovina sponsored by the Goethe Institute.
Reported on the state of media freedom 20 years post-war, and the Jewish and LGBT communities in a Muslim European country.
Sponsored by the International Center for Journalists, this nine-week exchange program between the US, Canada and Germany gives young journalists an opportunity to live and work in each other's countries.
Placed at Die Welt in Berlin. Coverage included Germany’s changing relationship with Russia, the US, and the Middle East, and 25th anniversary of Berlin wall fall.
Five-week reporting fellowship around the Holy Land, including seminars on history and the modern political situation at Hebrew University.
Reported on local issues in Jerusalem, Hebron, Ramallah, and elsewhere in the West Bank,.
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, secondary concentration in in Italian Language and Literature
Training in business reporting, investigations, multimedia, and beat reporting. Master's thesis published in "The Atlantic" on the lack of resources available for LGBT+ survivors of domestic abuse.
Dual U.S. – German citizen.
Proficient in Italian and German, basic French and Spanish.
Editing suites: Avid, Premiere, Audition, FinalCut Pro.
Computer languages: SQL, CSS. HTML.
Can sing every Rogers & Hammerstein musical from start to finish.